Recycling boxes cardboard
Cardboard recycling is a great program for those businesses who generate quite a bit of cardboard on a regular basis. This service can be done via, small / large dumpsters or compactors. If you are not sure which service would be best for you, give us a call and we will have an account representative come out and evaluate your service. These services are available in front load containers and roll off containers.
Benefits of Recycling Cardboard
- Cardboard recycling can produce huge savings to our commercial garbage collection customers. Most of our customers don’t realize that cardboard can take up a lot of space in dumpsters. Their garbage cans fill up faster and our customers pay more for disposal fees on a product that can be recycled.
- Recycling cardboard also reduces the demand for new paper which saves trees and decreases pollution generated in new paper production.
- Recycling cardboard also reduces bulky waste and space in our landfills as well.
When Not to Recycle Cardboard
- In most cases recycling cardboard is a fairly easy process. However, there are a few reasons that cardboard cannot be recycled. Cardboard from pizza boxes and other food containers can be contaminated with grease. When the grease from these products is mixed with water during the slurry process the water and oil can’t mix and the slurry process is ruined.
- Cardboard containers coated in wax such as juice containers or milk cartons can’t be recycled as well.
Frequently Asked QuestionsCan wet cardboard be recycled? We recommend that you do not recycle wet cardboard. It clogs up the automated sorting machines that most recycling facilities use. It is best to throw wet cardboard into the trash so that the entire recycling bin does not get wet. Do boxes need to be broken down before recycling? It is easiest to transport boxes when they have been flattened. It is also easier for our recycling center as most have an automated system that accepts flattened boxes. Should I remove tape or labels on the box? Tape and labels can be left on cardboard and typically cause no problems with our cardboard recycling facilities.
Pratt PRA0172 Recycled Corrugated Cardboard Single Wall Standard Box with C Flute, 18" Length x 18" Width x 30" Height, (Pack of 10)
BISS (Pratt Retail Specialties)