Single wall cardboard boxes
Choosing Rivet Size
Mr. McGroovy's Box Rivets™ come in two sizes: single-wall and double-wall.
Single-Wall Rivet Size
The single-wall rivet size works on normal sized cardboard, called "C-flute". Moving boxes, dishpack boxes, some washer/dryer boxes, and even small refrigerator boxes are made from C-flute cardboard.
Double-Wall Rivet Size
The double-wall rivets works on thick, two-layered cardboard, called "double-wall" of course. Wardrobe boxes, some washer/dryer boxes, and larger refrigerator boxes are made from double-wall cardboard.
Holes Making Method
My preferred method for making holes in cardboard is to use a standard nail punch (without the hammer). It's easy to just hold it in your hand and poke it through. It's tough but not too sharp, and leaves a nice 1/4" hole.
Mr. McGroovy's Box Rivets™ are Reusable!
An adult can usually slide their hands between connected layers, give a quick tug, and box rivets pop apart without breaking.
Occasionally you will come across a stubborn rivet, which can easily be removed with a common hammer (pull, don't pry).
- Store your project for another day
- Have a party at the park
- Donate your project to your school, church or library
- Build a new project next week, next month, or next year
Top 5 Reasons Rivets are Better than Duct Tape
- Projects stay together and last longer
- Reusable - construct a new project every week
- Easier to Use - big projects go together in a snap
- Faster - more time for creativity and enjoying your project
- More versatile - build with cardboard in new ways